The LLM (T&IPL) program offers intensive courses every year.
Our intensive courses are advanced level courses and are offered under the Master of Laws in Technology & Intellectual Property Law programme, LLM (T&IPL). Courses are open to all current HKU Law Students (LLM/JD/MPhil/PhD) and to non-HKU students that hold a Bachelor of Law degree and/or are Legal Practitioners, or hold a non-law Bachelor degree with some work experiences related to the course subject context.
The duration of each intensive course varies from 2 to 4 weeks. Classes are mostly held on weekday evenings. Modules and topics are posted prior to the beginning of courses. Courses previously offered and/or now open for application are listed as follows:
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) Law (March 2018)
- Global IT law and practice (January 2018)
- Advanced Intellectual Property Law (January 2017)
- Information Technology Law (June 2016)
- Management and Commercialisation of Intellectual Property (June 2016)
- Entertainment law (with topics related to personality rights, copyright and trademark law) (Aug-Sept 2015)
If you are an HKU LLM or JD student, please add this course directly through the online course enrollment system or contact the Faculty General Office via telephone at (852) 3917 2951.